I started writing this blog a little more than a year ago and since then I’ve told five people about it. Now I have about 50 followers, and I have no idea who these people are. It’s always a surprise to me that someone “likes” something I wrote, but it’s even more surprising when I notice someone else has decided to follow me. But the biggest surprise of all is getting recognition. TA DA! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you As I wander…for being so kind.
The Liebster Award recognizes bloggers who are relatively new to blogging and have less than 200 followers. Being “nominated” is a misnomer because it really means you’ve won, that you’ve caught the eye of someone who wants to pat you on the back and encourage you to keep blogging. And so, there are rules and you must encourage others.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
- Go to each blogger’s page and let him/her know about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to that person’s blog.
11 Facts About Me
- There is something about the act of giving birth that takes away a woman’s modesty. Perhaps it’s the inherent need to “just get that baby out!” that allows a woman to let a stranger see her most private parts. I’ve given birth to four children. I have no secrets.
- I have seven siblings, all older. And even though half of them are in their sixties, they still call me their baby sister. I believe this contributes to my fountain of youth.
- I am a fourth daughter and I have a fourth daughter.
- I have been writing since I was 10 years old. If I didn’t have to pay bills and buy food, I would write for a living.
- I cry at commercials. I avoid some Internet stories for the same reason, such as the recent story of the Oklahoma woman being interviewed live on TV as she found her dog in the rubble. I won’t watch that one. Just can’t go there.
- I live in the land of 10,000+ lakes and I never learned to swim. In fact, I fear water.
- I hate snakes, even the so-called cute and harmless garter snakes. So what if they eat mice and mosquitos?
- I have always wanted to have a great singing voice and always wished I could play the piano. Sadly, I’ll never sing on a stage as an adult and I’ll likely never learn to read sheet music.
- I love to cook but I hate making supper. I hate being distracted during the day as I wonder what to make for supper. I spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about what we should have for supper every day. Please when I die, don’t let my epitaph be “What’s for supper?”
- I pray to saints and angels. I always will.
- There is too much stress in my life and I am stressed about how I’m going to de-stress.
11 Questions Given to Me
1. Did you go to public or private school? Maybe homeschool? My life is a mix of schools. Kindergarten and first grade were in public school. I went to private school for grades two through six. I attended public school from grade seven through to high school graduation. And then I attended a private college. I did all of this while living in the same house my whole life. We never moved so I can’t attribute that as the reason why I was bounced around.
2. What did you want to be when you were little? When I was very young, I wanted to be a teacher. As a teenager, I wanted to be a doctor. I didn’t become either.
3. Thing you will regret most about your life? That I could not stay married to the father of my children.
4. Your greatest accomplishment? Being a mother.
5. Weirdest fear? I have many irrational fears, but none of them are weird.
6. Who’s more attractive: Katherine Heigl or Mila Kunis? Katherine Heigl
7. Thing that most people don’t know about you. I have a lot less confidence than people think.
8. Thing you daydream about the most (be honest!). Winning the lottery.
9. An addiction of yours. Sugar.
10. Celebrity you think you might look like. I am not anything close to celebrity status.
11. Favorite musician. My love of music is diverse, so I don’t have a single favorite. Here are a few of my favorite male musicians: Beethoven, Pachelbel, Cole Porter, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, the Beattles, Billy Joel, John Pizarelli, John Philip Sousa, Jim Brickman.
11 Questions for Those I Am Nominating
- What prompted you to create a blog?
- How often do you write?
- What prevents you from writing more often?
- If you could not write ever again, how would that affect your life?
- What is the easiest topic for you to write about?
- What is the topic you most dislike writing about but you still find yourself writing about it?
- What is the word count of the longest piece you’ve ever written?
- If money and skill were no object, what career would you choose?
- Have you ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness? Did you pass it on?
- Which one of your character/personality traits do you like?
- Name one change you are committed to making in your life before the end of 2013.
Life Is a Journey…Not a Guided Tour http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/14002959/ Cracked Pot Pieces http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/29834491/
Gonna’ Say It http://en.wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/31062492/
My thoughts exactly http://en.wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/19645660/
p.s. That’s Life! http://psthatslife.com/2013/05/25/say-good-bye-to-that-mullet/
Musings of an Insomniac http://denyingmadness.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/sometimes-it-doesnt-get-better/
Nostalgia Spoken Here http://garvisblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/how-did-we-know-what-was-going-on-back-then/
The Three Rights http://threerights.wordpress.com/
Words of A Courageous Heart http://courageousheartdotme.wordpress.com/